Why this blog

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Babymoon Journey started



So ladies on 31st Aug morning our journey started. I was on my 24th week, so my energy level was pretty high and I was super exited. We started early and reached the airport with plenty of time in hand.

My doctor had prescribed a medicine to prevent blood clotting which I had to take on the days when I would be travelling. The chances of a blood clot are high during a flight. She had also suggested taking the aisle seat so that I could take a few walks in between, and to do some hands and feet movement throughout the air travel. I was also not permitted to sleep during the flight.

Unfortunately, we did not get an aisle seat, but Anu suggested that we could request others to exchange seats with us. Luckily, the person who had the aisle seat in our row did not arrive, so we took it and also got an extra seat to keep our side bags. Great!! J`

In New Delhi Airport…





In New Delhi Airport…



After landing at Goa…

      

We were travelling with Spicejet and Anu had pre-booked our meals. I was not very keen on having flight food, especially on a flight from Delhi. My experience said whatever airlines you are travelling with, if the flight is from Delhi, the food quality will be pathetic. I usually like to take some nice sandwiches or confectioneries from the Delhi Airport and have it on the way.

As expected, the food was pathetic; it was the worst chicken kathi roll I have ever had in my life. I don’t know what they had fed their chicken that they were so tasteless!!!

After a mostly uneventful flight, we landed in Goa and took a taxi from the prepaid counter. Palolem is around 1 to 1.5 hours’ drive from the airport and our driver kept us entertained with his stories and tidbits of information all along the way. He had taken the Bangalore highway, and the roadside was so breathtakingly beautiful that it cannot be explained unless you travel through it.

We reached the resort within an hour and checked ourselves in. I was very excited on seeing that the sea was just a few steps away from our resort. We got room no 101, which was neat and clean. The staff was friendly too. The greenery outside was very soothing and I liked the place immediately.

After such pathetic food in the flight we treated ourselves to a tasty dish of Goan fish curry and rice at the Beach resort and headed straight to the beach. You can see how happy I am in the pics… J



Anu is also in very color full attire.
  




In the evening we had squid fry for snacks which was a little bit tangy but very yum.


The real surprise came when we visited a small Italian restaurant called “Magic Italy” in the local market for dinner. It is owned and managed by an old foreigner lady, probably Italian. We ordered a dish of mixed pasta which was half homemade Ravioli with Mushroom sauce and half Lasagna. The aroma and the presentation of the food was so tempting that I completely forgot to take the pics L and started digging in. This restaurant is a must visit if you are in Palolem and like Italian food.

On the way back to our resort, we bought some fruits, mosquito repellent (although the room had a mosquito net) and a mineral water crate.  By then I was completely exhausted. I got a lot of leg cramps during the night which might have been the result of the exhaustion.

What I am wearing:
Jumpsuit: Kazo
Shrug: UCB
Necklace: Forever New
Earring: Friend’s gift
Bag: Steve Madden (BMAXIII)
Hat: Color Plus
Pump: Catwalk
Dress: Mumbai local Market
Green Neckpiece: Bought from Benaras local market.

Makeup Breakdown:
Mac studio fix fluid
Lancome Teint IDOLE Ultra 24H
Mac Studio Fix powder
YSL Touche Eclat
Mac Studio Finish Concealer
Clinique Blush Pink Love
Bobbi Brown Blush Rose
MAC Refined golden Bronzer
Mac paint pot Rubenesque
Rimmel London Eye shadow 001 (you can use any shimmery bronze eyeshadow)
Lancome’s brown eyepencil Chataigne
Body Shop Brown eyeliner
Loreal Volume Million lashes
Estee Lauder Double wear Zero smudge curling mascara(very good !!!)
Mac Spice lip pencil
Revlon color burst lipgloss 06 (Strawberry)


No comments:

Post a Comment