Why this blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Babymoon The day of Departure from Goa

Finally, like all good things, our wonderful time in Goa was coming to an end. I had wanted to have my breakfast at “The Café’, because I was craving for the amazing sandwiches that we had had on the 3rd day of our stay.

Alas! It was not to be. There was a heavy downpour outside when we woke up, and it would not be possible to go to The Café in such weather. We took a shower and waited for some time hoping the rain would stop, but it only increased. So we settled for breakfast at the Beach Resort.
We had already booked a taxi for taking us to the airport, and at 9:30 AM, we were all set. With teary eyes (not really, just being a bit dramatic ;)), we bid farewell to beach resort and started our journey. Our flight was at 1 PM, so we would have enough time. Or so we thought.


Maybe because it was raining, maybe because I was prego and all, but as our car started moving, I requested the driver “Bhaiya araam se chalana” (Brother please drive safely). Oh what a mistake it was. From then on, everything seemed to happen in slow motion. The driver took my words to be the 11th commandment. It was so bad that I started feeling that if both of us just jumped out of the car and started crawling, we would reach the airport much faster.

After a while of being driven around like in a bullock cart, we asked the driver to speed up. More agony was in store for us. The car started making weird, not-so-good noises whenever the driver pressed on the accelerator a bit harder. I started feeling scared. The car did not feel very safe to be in. In order to keep myself calm, I gazed outside, trying to take in the view of the countryside. The breathtaking beauty of Bangalore road had a soothing effect. The trees, farms and fields looked much greener with the rain. People covering their heads with large leaves to protect themselves from the sudden rain. The lonely houses between large paddy fields were so welcoming that I was thinking of settling down there for life. An old tune from Duran Duran started playing in my mind. You can see how hard I was trying to stay calm J. It’s very important to stay calm and cool during pregnancy; and the most difficult part is sometimes the whole world seems to conspire against it.

  
The very compliant driver of ours. I should have captured his face; or rather taken a mugshot of him :P



The serene beauty outside …








We had already been 2 hours on the road, with no sign the airport yet. Now we were seriously starting to get worried; we did not want to miss the flight after all! After another half an hour of the excruciatingly frustrating journey we reached airport at last. Relieved!!!

After the looooooong and “eventful” journey we were feeling pretty hungry and were looking forward to trying some of the snacks available at the airport. Alas, what we got was a tasteless vegetable puff and an oversized samosa which was equally tasteless. That too at exaggerated prices. Actually, these could only compete with the tasteless chicken kathi roll we had had on our flight to Goa.


Me at the Goa airport J


Our flight took off on time. The cabin crew was very friendly. One air hostess came up to me and said should I need any help I could ask her for assistance. The food, this time, was good (this was not a flight from Delhi, after all :P ). I was pretty pleased with the on-board experience of the Spicejet flight from Goa to New Delhi.

Landing at New Delhi, we were in for a bit more “adventure” before we could draw our babymoon to a close. We took a taxi from the airport, but as soon we started, the driver said he couldn't put on the AC as there was very little CNG in his car. He said he would fill up from a nearby CNG pump. Travelling without AC in the Delhi heat, that too during pregnancy; what could be worse?

After almost a half hour wait at the CNG pump, we were finally on our way but the next surprise awaited us. As soon as the driver put on the AC, the car started making weird noises, and it felt like it will explode any moment. What was it with us and cars making noises? Maybe our stars were in the wrong position that day!!

Once again, anxiety gripped me and I started praying. I probably prayed to all the gods and goddesses that I knew of. We reached home anyway, all in one piece and I was relieved. After a shower, I regained my energy and cursed the cab company for having made me sweat in the heat of Delhi and having put our lives at risk.

The next day, however, I came to know that our office cab had met with a big accident the previous day. I shuddered to think what could have happened had I been in it. I realized that our stars had been in the right position after all. J


No comments:

Post a Comment