Why this blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Babymoon second day at Palolem Beach


We woke up pretty late. I’d had a disturbed sleep because of the frequent leg cramps I mentioned about in my previous post. However, the salty smell of the sea wind and the idea of a sunbath at the beach made us feel excited in no time.

After a large and yummy breakfast at the Beach resort (Israeli breakfast for me and American breakfast for Anu), we stepped out onto the beach. I was wearing my bikini and was initially feeling a bit nervous in it because of my pooping belly, although I had covered myself up with a sarong.

As soon as we hit the beach though, my nervousness was gone and after some time I felt bold enough to take off the sarong. The local people are very sober and friendly and the only tourists were a few groups of foreigners who didn't pay much attention to me. As it was pre-season, there was very little crowd.

This was my first time in Goa and I had already started to feel I would come back again. The blue sea, clear sky, fishermen’s boats that looked like tiny dots in the sea, the happy go lucky people, the green islands which surrounded Palolem immediately made me feel relaxed and washed away all the tiredness of the previous night.










I was also pleasantly surprised that the beach was very clean and not dirty with plastic wastage.


 We spent a few hours on the beach, going into the water, sitting on the sand, and had a fun time. A local boatman named Guru bhai walked up to us advertising a boating trip to the backwaters with him. We were sufficiently intrigued and booked a ride for the next day.

Coming back from the beach, I took a very-expensive-glass-of-milk at the Beach Resort for my mid-day snack (Rs 50 for a 200 ml glass of milk at a not-too-fancy beach side cafe?? Too much!!). We decided to buy milk from the local market and keep it in the BR’s refrigerator for my future requirements. No, they did not have any objections.

After taking a shower we went to the nearby Draupadi restaurant for lunch and ordered a Citrus salad and a King fish Tandoori, which was one of their specialties of the day. Well, we had no idea of what was to come!! J

View from Draupadi…


 The colorful Citrus salad
  


   The picture does not convey the size of the Kingfish tandoori. It's almost 1.5 Kg.
  


The fate of the King Fish :p


After devouring the huge kingfish we felt like Pythons, unable to move, the food taking its time settling in our stomachs. Delicious as it was, it was too much for two people.

We went to beach to get some fresh air, and decided against having lobster, which had been on our planned “to-eat” list for this trip, during our stay. It would need at least four people to finish off a lobster of that size and not feel like a glutton!!
  
Me and Anu in the beach….
  





After the jumbo lunch, we restricted dinner to a glass of lassi each. He he he…this happens when you eat like a python.

On a night-time stroll through the local market, I noticed a restaurant called “The CafĂ©”. They made homemade cakes, bread, croissant etc. We decided to have breakfast there the next day.

While coming back, we bought some cakes and sweet coconut sandwiches which we would carry for our backwater ride early next morning. I also bought one more sarong cum scarf and a nice colorful bag for carrying to the beach.


Dress Details:
1.       Maternity Jeans from Mother Care
2.       ZARA T-Shirt
3.       Pendent from Accessorize
4.       Scarf from Reliance Trends.





4 comments:

  1. Shilpi di I read all ur blogs and really its very informative and neatly done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, hope you will like the next posts, which I am planning to publish asap.

      Delete
  2. Didibhai you are just looking like a celebrity & your writings is too interesting

    ReplyDelete