Why this blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Babymoon What to pack

Hello friends, you are already aware that our journey has begun…..yipeeee… But I’ve skipped an important part (more so for us girls <wink>) that comes before it - packing.

So here goes….

 I really like this part of travelling. First of all you dump all your dresses onto the bed and start choosing. Next, you take stock of all your makeup, which is pretty eye soothing in itself, and at the end you realize that something very important (not important in your hubby’s eyes) is missing. So you get another reason to go shopping. Yeeeeaaaah…….

Yes, we all know the benefits of shopping and how it work as an anti-depressant, anti-wrinkle cream and I’ve also read that girls live longer as they have a healthy habit called shopping :P .



Coming back to packing. I have already mentioned that you should not carry too many things with you.
First of all, since you are pregnant, you will not be able to do too many activities. Secondly, this journey is for relaxation, so changing too many dresses and makeup will make you exhausted. Lastly, you might end up buying something from the local market, which will increase your load during the return journey. So pack wisely.

We were in Goa for 7 days and I had packed accordingly. I planned my dresses so that I could wear the same one with different accessories or different makeup.

1.       I took comfortable cotton dresses. During pregnancy you sweat a lot as you are heating for two. So these airy dresses make life a little cooler.




 2.       I kept a shrug during the air travel as the temperature in the flight can go up and down, so can the body temperature. It is better to wear layered dresses that can be adjusted as per your comfort.

3.       Two pairs of maternity jeans and some T-shirts.
                    
                                                                                                 



4.       As it was beach holiday, I took a bikini and Swim suit too. There was a funny story to this bikini and swim suit; which I’ll save for later.

5.       Keep one or two sarongs if you are not very comfortable showing your popping belly to the world when you wear a bikini.
By the way you can buy bikinis, sarongs and flip flops from Goa too. Most of the things were available at the Palolem local market for a much cheaper price.




 6.       A hat, sunglasses and a cheap colorful bag. Even though I had my usual hand bag carrying all my important belongings, I did not like the idea of carrying it while taking a dip in the water because each time I came up for some sunscreen or drinking water, it would get dirty with all the sand in my hand.



       
7.       Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen ……. along with your daily care products and toiletries. Now our daily care products, like shampoo, body wash, face wash etc., take too much space in the luggage. A few tips on how to manage this will come later.



 8.       You need a flip-flop for the beach, a comfy slipper which you can wear in you room and one or two sandals which you can wear during travelling.

9.       I had planned my makeup as per my dresses, and kept them in plastic box/s or in small pouches. This way my makeup remained organized and also took less space in the luggage. The same rules applied to my accessories too.

               


10.   I also carried my steel fruit juicer, so that I could have fresh sweet lime juice every day.



Well, that completes the packing part. Hope it will help you to pack your bags for a beach holiday whether you are prego or not.

2 comments:

  1. These are some very useful tips. I get nervous at this part of the journey - packing. If it's done smartly it helps a lot throughout the journey.

    Thanks and keep posting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avani. Hope it will help other readers as well.

      Delete