Why this blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Babymoon Funny story about beachwear

I had mentioned in one of my previous posts that there was a funny story behind my bikini and swim suit. Here it is…

I was searching for maternity swimwear online and found that ASOS had a very nice collection. After some looking around, I found a two piece swim suit which had a brief and a tankini top that would cover my bulging belly. I really liked it and placed an order for it. Along with it, I also ordered a couple of maternity dresses and some accessories. The expected delivery was within 15 days and I received the package in 11 days. Wow!!



The maternity dresses and accessories were perfect, but I was in for a shock when I opened the swim wear package. Only the brief had arrived, there was no trace of the tankini top!!!! I rushed to ASOS website to check what was wrong; and to my dismay, I realized that what I had ordered was only the brief. The picture of the top was given along with it, but it had to be ordered separately. In my excitement, I had not realized this and had thought that I was ordering the whole look. My bad!! L

Since I still had a month left for my travel, I placed the order for the top. The expected delivery date was 19th August, leaving enough time for our departure on 31st. Also, going by the previous experience, I could expect it sooner. Not to be… <sigh>. 19th came and went, but no sign of the package. It was an international delivery by ordinary post, so there was no tracking available. I had no way of knowing where my package was stuck, and my departure date was fast approaching.

Giving up all hope, I rushed out for my last minute search of a swim wear. I did not get one that would cover my belly, but had to settle for a two piece bikini from Roxy. It would have looked nice on a non-prego girl, but with my bulging belly, I would need some courage to wear it!! anyway, I kept a sarong with me so that I cover myself up whenever I felt uncomfortable.


The irony of it all came when I got to know that the top had arrived the day after I left for my babymoon!!!! @&^%#$!

It happens when you only see the picture and the price tag and don't read the lines in between :P

The image has been taken from the ASOS site

No comments:

Post a Comment