Why this blog

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Babymoon Go Goa Gone



Hello Ladies, A warm welcome to my blog!

I wish to start with an amazing experience that I had had during my pregnancy just after I had stepped into the bitter sweet reality of the world of ‘would be moms’.

It was a balmy weekend in April 2013, when my husband Anomitra told me about the concept of “babymoon”. I had just come to know about my pregnancy and was feeling both ecstatic at the news and bogged down at the same time as I was down with all the stupid symptoms that are typical of the first trimester. Anu was reading an article in the newspaper about how the Royal couple of England had gone on a babymoon and also how the trend is catching on fast!

So we immediately began our hunt for our babymoon location and after considerable research and discussions we zeroed in on GOA!!!!

Now the next question on our minds was: Where in Goa should we go?  I wanted to choose a place which would be quiet and beautiful and where I wouldn't attract too much attention to my pooping belly. One of our friends suggested that we should go to South Goa if we were looking for a peaceful, relaxed, ‘we time’.  She had recently been to Palolem beach, where she had stayed at the Palolem Beach Resort, and had loved it. She suggested we go to the same place.


Although I had liked the idea of the resort from what I heard from her and what I had found on the net, I wanted to explore some more options for accommodation.






My first choice was Fern Gardenia Resort.

































It was a really beautiful and elegant resort. However, it was a 4 min drive from the beach. This would mean that each time we wanted to go to the beach we would either have to hire a vehicle or walk for at least 20 – 30 min. That was a complete no no for me, being prego and all! So we dropped the idea.
  

The next choice was Palolem Beach resort, which was not very luxurious, but very neat and clean and surrounded by a lot of greenery. Most importantly, it was located right on the beach. Additionally, it had been highly recommended by our friend.




















So we finalized on the Palolem Beach Resort, a choice for which we were very thankful later.

I will stop here today but I with the promise to come back with much more about our journey in my later posts. Till then, stay fit and happy :-* Muuuuuuaaaaaaaaah…

Images in this post have been taken from the Internet and are not property of the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment